EPE Net Work A- Z Best of the Net
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z | 4
It's back! "Net Work" is the Internet page written by Alan Winstanley for EPE Magazine. First published in August 1996, the EPE Net Work A-Z Best of the Net is a listing of electronics-related web links specially chosen for their educational value or usefulness to the electronics hobbyist.
The list was fully groomed in June 2010: a sad reflection of our fast-changing world was the number of old favourites, some dating back to the mid 1990's, that were 404. The A-Z has been slimmed down and will grow again over time.
We'll consider linking to commercial or manufacturers' web sites
if they contain free educational or training resources/ downloads,
useful data sheets or other information that hobbyists, students
and professionals would appreciate. If you know of a suitable site, or you run one yourself, please contact EPEMag.Net -- let us know the URL, a brief description and why you think it will appeal to our readers. Alan Winstanley.
Dictionary Probably the best on-line Acronyms listing to
be seen anywhere. Check those TLAs.
- Anandtech Anandtech on-line reviews, archives and essential PC techie
- Antex Popular soldering iron and equipment manufacturer.
Art of Electronics Web Page for the popular electronics
- The Basic Desoldering
Guide Introducing the latest photo sequence in our popular
and acclaimed on-line resource.
- Bibliofind Book-site with a difference - secondhand books from around the
world, great for esoteric technical books. Now owned by Amazon.com. (Dr. David Harrison.)
Electronics - UK retailer of electronic components.
- Car-Go Battery Car-Go Inc. is an American battery reseller. Worth browsing
for data and info.
- CIBSE Chartered
Institution of Building Engineers: if you're involved with electronic
control systems in building work, e.g. industry and civil buildings,
you may find some interesting data here. Also of general interest.(Murray
Magic software for teaching theory to students. Supports simulation
using Kirchhoff's laws, Node Voltage and Mesh Current methods.
Schematic and vector diagram editors included. (Andrey Kononov.)
UK101 Home Page Remember the Compukit UK101, the late 1970's
single-board computer? All sorts of UK101-related information
is available here on this enthusiastic site maintained by John
- The Constants
& Equations Pages Andrew Stott is the designer and maintainer
of the TCAEP, featuring hundreds of equations, constants, Periodic
Table and much more. Excellent education resource. (New URL.)
- Cricklewood Electronics London based electronics supplier, vast range of ic's, transistors etc.
Tait's Home Page Legacy PICmicro-related links and resources.
- DIY Electronics Hong Kong based kit manufacturer. Lots of links and topical opinions on this site.
- Dogpile Combined all-in-one search engine.
- Dolby Laboratories
Inc. The Web Site of the pioneers of noise reduction systems.
- Dontronics Don McKenzie's huge resource for Atmel & PIC micro hardware
and software, kits and products. Australian.
- Don Klipstein's
Home Page Anything to do with lighting, fluorescent tube
dimming, the Blue LED FAQ, xenon tubes and more.
- Don Lancaster's
web site (the Guru's Lair) Home of the well-known American
electronics writer with a variety of interesting material available.
Batteries (USA) Technical data and info. on Duracells.
- EG3 An essential bookmark for all
electronics engineers, embedded systems and more.
- EEWeb Superb resource put together for electrical and electronics engineers. Includes EEWeb Electronics and Electrical Engineers Forum. Recommended.
- Electronics2000 Beginners guides, interactive calculators and more. (Simon
in Meccano On-Line Quarterly magazine to encourage the adoption
of electronics in Meccano models (new address).
- Electronics Today International Legacy web site of the previous editors.
Solutions Ltd. Answers related to ESD and static electricity
(e.g. static shocks from cars etc.) will be found here, well
worth a look. (Dr. Jeremey Smallwood.)
- EPE Online Our on-line international edition, available for download, only
$9.99 for twelve issues!
- ESR Components offer a kit service for EPE readers.
PCB Resource guide for the PCB industry (Danny Carr)
- Exploratorium The Museum of Science, Art and Human Perception, San Francisco.
Components The world's largest catalogue-based distributor. Buy online.
- Feedback & Temperature
Control Shows how feedback affects circuits, using an oven
as an example. (Dr CDH Williams, University of Exeter UK.)
- Fluorescent Lighting On-line document on fluorescent lamps, worth bookmarking. (Paul
- Freedrive A web-based FTP space service, where you can upload, store and
share files with your friends. 20MB free for some advertising. (Bob Winstanley.)
- GRC Gibson Research
Corp. web site - Shields Up! and SpinRight hard disk recovery program
Homebrew Page Tons of stuff, circuits, PCB production and
loads more besides, well worth checking over. (Possibly gone 404 as at July 2016)
Hayles' Home Page Electronics & Computing Home Page
- Avionics, military aircraft, NiCd charger and more (Peter
Radio (London) London-based electronics supplier
- The History
of the Telephone Excellent on-line feature courtesy of Tom
of Engineering & Technology IET Home Page.
to Sensors by Dr CDH Williams, University of Exter
- INTUTE An engineering starting point
for higher academic and research communities.
Monitor and Mouse Pinouts for PC, SUN, MAC, USB Courtesy
of Network Technologies Inc., hardware pinout data. (Matt
- Steve Kropla's
Help for World Travellers Planning a trip overseas? You'll
find lots of info. about overseas electric supplies and phones
systemsin this Global Electric & Phone Directory.
BASIC for Windows programming novices and enthusiasts of
Liberty Basic. Forums, tutorials, more besides. (Carl Gundel.)
- Macdisk Macintosh to PC cross platform advice.
Electronics Long established supplier of kits, PIC Icebreaker,
TENS unit and more.
- Maplin Mail order supplier of components etc.
- Mast's Home Page Microcontrollers, electronics, book, computing and more.
Multimedia Publishers of PICmicro tutorial CDROMs, hardware and more.
- The First Microchip Texas Instruments' corporate site dedicated to
the work of TI engineer Jack Kilby.
- Microchip The Home Page of Microchip PICmicro microcontrollers.
Electric Stuff Incredible site by Mike Harrison depicting
vintage glass valves (tubes), scary-looking Tesla coil experiments,
EHT experiments, blasting chips with EHT. Great fun, must see!
Instruments Controls and robotics kits, Parallax Basic stamps,
robotic kits and more.
Kovacevic's (S51KQ) web site 87MB of data, projects, telecoms,
digital camcorder DV-IN data, microwave ham radio, 68010, '51,
PIC & AVR, lots more. (Slovenia.)
Multimedia Logic System Demo available of a PC logic simulator
- Mozilla.org The home of the Firefox web browser and Thunderbird.
Components A U.K. source of obsolete semiconductors, this
site has a search engine which might help you out.
Machines Home of musical electronica on the web. Music machines
offers images, software, schematics, and lots of tips and comments
from electronic musicians all over the Internet. (Simon Davis.)
- Northern Connectors Specialist industrial distributor of connectors, but accepts debit/ credit cards with low minimum order level. Catalogues downloadable.
Industries Specialist electronics tool, soldering and hardware
Software Opera is an independently-designed and unique web
Inc. BASIC Stamps, PIC development tools.
- Peak Electronic
Design Ltd. Manufacturer of professional and hobbyist test
equipment, this site has several attractions on display (literally!).
- 'PIC' Project Mirror Enthusiastic mirror of EPE micro codes is maintained by Thomas
Stratford in the U.K.
(NXP) Semiconductors Data sheets for their families of analog and digital devices, e.g 74HCT etc. Formerly Philips Semiconductors.
- PKWare The home of PKZIP file compression software.
Services PCB related information from a professional PCB
- Proteus PCB Design software by Labcenter Electronics.
- QBASIC Resource from folks who think QBASIC is a great learning tool
- lots of QBASIC info here. (Dr. David Harrison.)
Electronics Mail order specialists in unusual kits, surveillance
items and electronic components.
- Radio & Electronics.com Resources and analysis forelectronics engineers.
- Raspberry Pi British credit-card sized computer set to take the world by storm.
- Rayovac Batteries Web site with lots of data for OEM's and consumers.
PIC Wall Another fine example of PIC enthusiasm. Check "Pong"
- a 4MHz PIC running at 12MHz and playing Pong! English/ Swedish.
- RS Components RS (Radio Spares - not to be confused with Radio Shack) is a
huge, supplier of components to European industry.
Systems "MouSing" Theremin Simulator for the PC,
plus more interesting shareware (Wind Chimes, Wave Sounds, Applaud),
available on trials.
- Schoolzone Educational resource search engine, results vetted and approved
by a panel of teachers.
- Sci Central American site created for scientists and engineers. Over 120
scientific disciplines, leading to 50,000 sites or more.
Hobbyist Bill Beaty's site on anything to do with amateur
science. Tons of interesting things to do here. Tesla coils,
Jacob's ladders, etc.
Magazine Online Sensors magazine (Steve Yates)
Net The popular "Simtel" shareware software repository.
- Sir-Kit Electronics Long-established EPE advertiser, providing electronics kits
for beginners and those studying GCSE Electronics.
- Snapfiles Popular directory of downloadable freeware, shareware and software. With user ratings.
3 User's Manual HTML version, also includes a search facility,
cross-references and notes. (Dr CDH Williams, University
of Exeter UK.)
Motors Ian Harries' site with links for anything to do with
FAQ, The Internet Music synthesiser site with lots of help
on hand for synth fans. (Simon Davis.)
Anti Virus Research Center Leading source of virus data
and software to combat the latest virii.
- TimelyPick Science Pages A roundup of popular science news (Galit Zamler)
Boyd's Home Pages - School/ hobby electronics Basics, links and more in this enthusiast's web site.(Tom Boyd.)
- Tutor Hunt provides a free service to help tutors and students locate each other. It's used by thousands of parents and students.
Universities, Colleges & Research Sites Locate any British
University with this fantastic UK Academic Site map. The easiest
way to find any address.
- Unusual Diode FAQ - all sorts of useful info. concerning
diode technology and usage - see what a brick-built diode looks
like! URL 404 - NOW ARCHIVE.ORG FILE
- Varta Batteries Excellent site of the battery manufacturers, with lots of
- Varta Watch Batteries Techncal data for button batteries.
- Wenzel Associates Commendable mix of commercial and hobby electronics, contains
many tutorials and some very interesting projects in their technical
library, written by those nice folks at Wenzel. (Bob Schoonmaker,
- Windrivers Got a Windows PC? This is the place to search for driver updates and patches or components, software and base units.
- WinZIP Best "ZIP" file compression/ decompression software
for Windows. Understands a great many file types.
Xtal Set Society Great resource with plans, books, tips
etc. for constructing crystal set radio receivers. (USA.)
- 4QD TEC Electronics circuits reference Archive
| TOP |
Last updated 4th July 2016